Are you a high-achieving woman, but you feel like you are just going through the motions of life, but not really invested in it? This has happened to me in my life. I was a successful entrepreneur, had a loving family, and supportive friends. But I had lost touch with myself. I wasn’t connected with who I was and what truly mattered to me.
Reconnecting with oneself is an important aspect of personal well-being, growth, and happiness. We need to put ourselves first and focus on our needs, hopes and dreams.
Here are 3 suggestions to help you reconnect with yourself and bring back the joy in your life:
- Practice Gratitude. When you are grateful for and regularly express thanks for the positive aspects of your life, you can shift your focus on what is going well. Expand on those positive aspects to find more things that bring you joy.
- Learn and Grow. Pursue those positive aspects that make you happy by taking courses, reading books or engaging in other learning. Your personal growth will contribute to your sense of fulfillment.
- Get Physical. Regular exercise, or any kind of physical activity, is not only good for your physical health, but it can also have positive aspects on your mental well-being. Find a form of physical activity that you enjoy, whether it’s yoga, running, walking, lifting weights, dancing, or something else. After my surgery when I couldn’t exercise, I found myself longing for that connection to myself. I was so much happier when I could get back to doing that physical activity.
- Self-Reflection. In order to determine what brings you joy, you need to take time to reflect and listen to your inner voice. This can involve journaling, meditating, or sitting quietly to think and reflect on your thoughts and feelings. When you consider your values, goals, and aspirations, you’ll understand what truly matters to you.
- Nurture Positive Relationships. When you connect with other high-achieving women like yourself, you will feel uplifted, supported, and seen. By sharing your thoughts and feelings with these women, you will [ISABEL – I’m trying to say that by talking about these things out loud they will have more chance to make changes.] Thoughts about how you would say that??
Especially during this busy holiday season, you don’t want to lose yourself. Take the time to reconnect with yourself so you start off the new year with a fresh perspective on what is important to you.