Welcome to November! It’s a new month and time to take stock on how you’re doing – physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Think about where you are at right now, personally and professionally. There is a lot going on in the world right now, and we each digest and react to that news differently. Beyond the world around us, we each have experiences every day which shape our thoughts, feelings, and views. Those things are unique to us; no one else will experience things in exactly the same way.
In order to take stock of how you are doing, I would like you to go back to the goals. These are the goals that will help you achieve your dreams. Reread them.
- Where are you at with respect to your dreams and goals?
- Will your dreams and goals help you to focus more on yourself?
- Are your dreams still the same?
- Are the goals to help you get there still the same?
- What progress have you made in the last month to achieve those goals?
Those goals and dreams should help you improve your physical, mental and emotional health by getting you to focus on YOU; your needs and wants and desires.
You should be checking in on your goals often so you keep moving forward. This is a good time to reflect on where you’ve been, what progress you’ve made, and where you want to be. As you do this, remember to have compassion for yourself and give yourself grace.
- Dreams. Have your dreams changed since you last wrote them down? It’s okay if they have! As we change, so will our priorities. It’s important to understand when to let go of a dream that isn’t serving you anymore. Remember, however, that dreams are not mutually exclusive. You don’t necessarily have to give up one dream in order to pursue another one.
- Goals. Your goals should align with your dreams. They are the stepping stones to help you achieve your dreams. If your dreams change, so should your goals. Even if your dreams are the same, are the goals getting you to where you want to be? If not, adjust them so they serve you better.
- Progress. Once you have reviewed your dreams and goals, determine what progress you’ve made and make note of it for future reference. If you haven’t made progress in the last 30, 60, 90 days, are you holding yourself back or is there an external force that’s holding you back? This is a good time to reflect to see what is keeping you from moving forward.
The closer you get to your goals and dreams, the more likely you are to feel better – physically, mentally and spiritually – because your life will be aligning with your priorities. You will be closer to finding the joy in your life that we each deserve to have.
If you are struggling to determine your dreams and goals that will provide you with a lifetime of joy and happiness, I can help you. As a certified life Transformation and Holistic Coach, I specialize in guiding high-achieving and purpose-driven women like you to break free from the overwhelm, find alignment between your personal and professional life, and ignite their soul’s longing.
Together, we will explore your deepest desires, prioritize you, and create a roadmap to a life aligned with your true purpose.
November is National Gratitude Month. Throughout the month, the I encourage you to consciously practice gratitude. People who are grateful tend to be happier and less stressful, which leads to more joy. I will be talking about gratitude further throughout the month.